India is going to start its 3rd phase of vaccination drive which includes all adults over the age of 18, starting from 1st May. Registration starts from 28 Apr ’21 on CoWIN website.
The Government of India has announced phase 3 of the vaccination drive in the country. Current rise in COVID-19 cases in the country, India on Sunday(25-05-2021) marks 100 days since the start of its vaccination drive which began on January 16 this year. All citizens aged above 18 will be eligible for vaccination starting May 1. According to Union ministry of health and family welfare India has become the fastest country to administer 14 crore Covid-19 vaccine doses. Only citizens above the age of 45 were allowed to take the vaccine till now, but now it has been expanded to all users above 18 years of age starting the 3rd drive from 1st May ’21. Users need to register for the vaccine online before heading to the hospitals and getting their first shot.
Once the registration process for phase 3 begins from 4pm on Wednesday, April 28. The vaccination drive currently offers two COVID-19 vaccines – Covaxin which is developed by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech and Covishield that is developed by the Oxford-AstraZeneca and is being manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (SII). To know the nearest vaccination center click here.
Process for registration through CoWIN portal
- Head to the CoWIN website, click on Register/Sign in Yourself
- Enter your mobile number, click on Get OTP. An OTP should arrive on your phone. Enter the digits on the site, and click Verify.
- On the Register for Vaccination page, enter all the details, including photo ID proof, name, gender, and year of birth. Click on Register.
- Once registered, you will get the option to schedule an appointment, Click on Schedule next to the name of the person registered.
- Enter your pin code and hit Search. The centers in the pin code will show up, select the date and time and click on Confirm.
- You can add up to four members through one login. It is easy to reschedule your appointment; the process is similar to how you schedule it.
Process for registration through Aarogya Setu app
- Head to the Aarogya Setu app > Click on CoWIN tab on the home screen
- Select Vaccination Registration > Enter Phone Number > Enter OTP
- Click on Verify > You will be directed to the Registration of Vaccination page
- Follow the same steps as mentioned in the ‘Process for registration through CoWIN portal’ guide.
Each citizen has to take two shots of the vaccine. As per CoWIN portal, it is recommended that the 2nd dose of COVAXIN should be administered in the interval of 4 to 6 weeks from the date of 1st dose administration. For COVISHIELD the recommended interval is 4 to 8 weeks while an interval of 6 to 8 weeks gives an enhanced protection. You may choose the date of 2nd dose vaccination as per your convenience. For more questions regarding vaccination click here.